Friday, December 19, 2008

Proud Mama of a poet!

At my kid's off-track assembly today, my son and a few other students were chosen by their teacher to read their Christmas poem. I'm very proud of my little poet. And so is my Mom since she is someone who has written many, many poems and has even had 3 published!

In case you can't read the poem, here is his poem:
Christmas Is Here
Winter is fun,
It's no time for sun
Christmas is near,
it's coal some fear.
Christmas is here,
it's time to cheer.
Hot cocoa galore!
Presents more and more and more!

S and I have been baking up a storm. Below is a new recipe for me but turned out great. They are my friend Jen's chocolate peanut butter balls recipe. We actually made 71 of these easy and YUMMY things!


Now I'm trying to finish another type of cookie and getting ready for my sister and family arrival tomorrow. YEAH!!

2 comments:

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Yum! Those peanut butter balls might be what we call "buckeyes" (I am from Ohio). We just made a bunch last night...so good, aren't they?
Carrie

Unknown said...

I was so proud of T! He was so confident!
The peanut butter balls look awesome! Hope you love them like I do!
♥Jen