Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year & End of Year Sales

I would like to wish everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR with peace, happiness and health!

I wanted to share with you some of the great end of year deals that I scored on:

Raider Santa Hat 99 cents!

Cute Santa Advent Calendar $7.00~ I was going to make one next year with some great ideas in blogland, but this was too good of a price to pass on.

Photo Frame Ornaments $1.99 each. I saw some cute square ones from Pottery Barn but they were sold out before I could order. I found similar ones at Michael's. I bought 3 square ornaments for the next couple of years. Just need to pick up my wallet sized photos from Costco tomorrow:)

I've had this adorable picture of my husband for so many years. His picture was attached to this construction paper thing (M says it was a bee) that he made in either kindergarten or 1st grade and placed it a tiny box for his grandparents. His grandma gave it to me about 8 years ago and I never knew what to do with it. I just kept the little box in our X-mas ornament boxes since I couldn't hang it anywhere and the paper was so worn and fragile. Last night I carefully removed the little picture and added it to acid free scrapbook paper. Now we have an ornament! And I found a small photo of me around the same age. Both will now be on the tree every Christmas!

3 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

great finds, I was at target the other day and got I got about 96 dollars worth of stuff for about 18 dollars, I was so thrilled...great deals after Christmas, lisa

Shell in your Pocket said...

Happy new year!! What cute pictures and great "finds"!
-sandy toes

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Oh, great bargains! I wouldn't have passed up that advent calendar either!
Carrie