Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Maui Vacation Week 1


Since I've got one kid home sick today, I thought I should start getting caught up on my blog.
We have a timeshare in Maui and we go every other year. It's a place where it feels like home and can't wait to come back to!

Here are some highlights of our 1st week:
*Found our new favorite restaurant, DA KITCHEN with the best Teriyaki Chicken and Potato Mac Salad!
*Mr. President's quote when we landed, "Boy, I really love the smell of Maui!"
*Scoring 4 FREE ticket to the Maui Ocean Center because the Marine Naturalist was a No Show at the resort.
*Playing Bingo and winning lots of stuff (bottles of pineapple wine, free kid activities and shaved ice)
*The kids collecting plumeria flowers
*Whale Watching~ incredible!!! Saw lots of activity despite being late in the season! One whale slapped his tail 7 times in a row.
*Swimming or snorkeling at the pool and beach every day
*Watching the beautiful and very different sunsets every night
*Exotic Flower Tour- absolutely amazing and educational tour
*Luau- great food and drinks; the fun, dark walk along the beach walk back to our resort
*Visit to the Grand Wailea
*Playing with the crabs on the beach (the crabs would run for any tree nuts we would throw at them). It was too funny;))
*BBQing at the resort











2 comments:

Ruby Red Slippers said...

I noticed you are a follower of my blog(s).
Wow. Maui??!! I am so envious! I was there 12 years ago, and everything was so magical there. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

wow, great pics!!!!
♥ Jen